Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nothing like a trip to the emergency room to scare you to death

I am sitting here shaking. I just need to get it out without saying it to someone who is sitting there staring at me.  I havent been feeling well since early Friday morning, very pukey, just icky.  Thought I was coming down with the flu.  Called in sick to work over the weekend and still felt just off.  I got DH to go to my moms and get her blood sugar machine.  Sure enough, my levels were all out of whack.  I have extensive history in my family of diabetes.  And I am not a small woman.  So, I have been very sick with high blood sugar.  Ended up in the emergency room yesterday for blood work and a general workup.  Well, the A1C which measures your 3 month blood sugar average doesnt come back right away, the have to send it off.  I mentioned to the doctor about upcoming IVF cycle starting in about 10 days and they said that wouldnt be possible if my levels are so high and they cant get them under control.  So now I am sitting here, my primary calls me and tells me he wants to see me today.  Wont give me my results back over the phone.  I am panicked and bawling and dont know what to think.  I am so mad at myself and my body and I feel like everything is slipping away from me.  All I can think is that there is bad news that they wont tell me over the phone.  I had expressed my concern with having to pay for a doctor visit today with just paying for er visit yesterday.  Why cant they just tell me over the phone????  I swear, if I get there and everything is fine, I will be relieved but I will guarantee they will have a bitch on their hands.  I will throw the biggest tantrum right there in the office.  And if I get bad news, then I just dont know what I will do.   Please Lord, dont take away my chances for being a Mom before I even get to take the first step.
Anyone out there diabetic and either preggo now or had a baby????  I could use some positive thoughts right now.  Until then, I go at 1:40pm.  Prayers would be appreciated.  Thanks

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you're okay girlie. Take care of yourself and get healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shawna I can't believe this is happening to you! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the news turns out okay and that you can continue with your IVF cycle with no more interruptions! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I hope you got good news...So sorry this is being thrown at you:(

    ReplyDelete