Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Swimmers On Ice, Coming to a Vagina Soon!!

Yesterday, DH had his TESE.  It went really well.  They got 5 vials of sperm.  Basically they say that they thaw 1 vial per egg retrieval.  So we have enough if I want to do 5 cycles of IVF.  Umm, no thanks!!!  First of all, I know we cant afford it, so no need to talk about it.  I am so proud of him, he did great.  We got there at 0615, they took him back at 0725 and he was done at 0830.  We spent about 90 min in recovery and then we were off for our 2 1/2 hour drive home.  Spent most of the day in bed sleeping yesterday.  Minimal bruising and only had to have a 2 inch incision and just had to go to 2 sites to get what they needed.  Doctor said that was great.  So, swimmers are frozen!!! WAHOO   Now it is up to me and my body.  I pray they want to play nice and behave.  Expecting Aunt Flo on or about Dec 17th, then BCP's then we will fully be in our "cycle".  I am sure things will start happening fast, but I feel like it is all moving at snails pace.  But it is nice to say that our first "official" step is complete with a success.  Waiting for next step...
P.S     Special thanks to DH for coming up with the title of this post.  Pretty proud of himself, I think. LOL

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!!! Way to go DH's testicles.hahha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title DH! Was he awake or asleep for it? In my opinion, the first half of the cycle (BCP and Lupron) took FOREVER (granted I ended up having a 36 day cycle) but now it's going super fast!!! Let me know when you've got appointments and all that fun stuff so hopefully we can really meet up. Have you ordered your drugs yet? If not, email me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was asleep. But they didnt put him completely under. Didnt have to have a tube in his throat. Just something to put him to sleep. But then they ended up having to gas him just because he has restless leg and it started going crazy. Didnt want the surgeon snipping something he shouldnt cuz he moved. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Creative:) Man your hubs is a trooper...It would take me a ton of convincing to ever get my hubby to have anything done on his man parts....Just wait until IVF starts you will be on the fast track then:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! The first step is done and it was a big step! I totally agree, the BCP phase of cycling goes slow, then is will go faster. :)

    ReplyDelete