Thursday, December 9, 2010


Well, I went to the doctors on Tues afternoon.  He described 3 categories.  First, someone that isnt diabetic at all,  2nd someone who is diabetic and needs medicine or insulin, and the 3rd is a grey area in between.  That is where I am. Not needing meds or insulin but my levels are raised and out of the normal area.  He recommended me going to a dietician and learning what to eat and what not too.  But then he said that he doesnt believe my problems are related to that.  He thinks something else is going on and the blood sugar is a result of that.  He thinks it is either my liver, pancreas, or gallbladder.  Scheduled more blood tests and wants an ultrasound done of my gallbladder.  That is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7.  He insisted on running a pregnancy test along with some other things.  Results came back yesterday, my liver enzymes are elevated, and SURPRISE pregnancy test was NEGATIVE.  I could have saved myself $60.00 and the sting of someone else telling me I wasnt pregnant.  Pissed me off.  I knew I wasnt, but they dont care.  Money sucking bastards.  And then I got to here yet again, you're not pregnant.  Geez, the feelings of an IF.  I hope that is the last time a professional tells me that.  So, now I sit and wait, and wait and wait it feels like.  Still getting very dizzy all the time and pretty much only able to lay flat to not be dizzy.  Go tomorrow for the ultrasound but then you have to wait 2 or 3 days to get results back. YIPPEE  It's the weekend, I need to figure out what is wrong and get back to work.  Everything moves so slow. 
Now I have a big decision to make.  I am supposed to have my period Dec 17th and start my "official" cycle, BCP's then shots.  And I have 2 weeks scheduled at the end of January to be off for ER and ET.  But if I end up needing surgery or some strong meds or something and get half way through my cycle, I will have to start over.  Then again, if I put off this cycle to next month and it turns out there isnt anything wrong with me and I have some kind of viral thing going on, I will have to change all the days I have off already in January and go through that whole process.  I dont know what to do???  Wait and hope they find something, or start and hope they dont???  Any advice ladies...........


  1. For a $60 pregnancy test at the doctor's office you could have brought in your own test from home and peed on it there, right? That's only like $8.00. Jerks. It is quite painful to get such a rude reminder, isn't it? I'm glad you're okay and that there's still a good shot at you getting to do your IVF cycle next month. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

  2. Wow! Sounds scary! I would talk to Dr. K and see if maybe you couldn't start the BCPs and see what happens with everything else. Then you'd only be out $10 at most if you had to stop this cycle and wait until the next one. Could that be an option???

  3. Hey Shawna - I'm glad you Alyssa are in touch because I just found out that she also is treating at Washington University; otherwise I would have directed you to her blog for sure.

    DH and I are going to Fertility Partnership in St. Peters on the Veteran's Memorial Parkway. We have a 5+ hour drive each way from eastern Iowa.

    And Alyssa would surely have better advice for you as to what you should do going forward in this particular case as she knows your facility much better than I do. However it appears that you are in great hands!

  4. Hi there. Found you on cycle sista.
    I am having my second round of IVF during January.
    I hope you get your answer and your BFP

  5. Sorry you are feeling lousy and in limbo like this. I would go ahead and start the BCP. I think the worst thing that happens if you start them is that you have to stay on an extra month if you have to be delayed. Hopefully it won't come to that. Definately call your RE though and ask for advice.