Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Confession & A First Meeting

I have a confession.  I made a baby purchase yesterday while at Target.  I wanted something baby that I could put with my nightly routine of prayers and shots.  But I told myself I would only buy something if it were perfect.  I looked for the typical "I love mommy or I love daddy" things but they only came in pink and blue.  I didnt want something gender specific.  Well, I was searching throught the many bibs and found this:

Not sure if you can read it or not, but it says "Star of Mommy's Blog".  There it was, exactly what I was looking for.  I bought it and a pair of itsy bitsy white socks.  I couldnt resist.  I hope I didnt jinx myself.  I just really wanted something to pray with.

I got the chance to meet Alyssa at Crossing My Fingers But Not My Legs.  We go to the same clinic, just different doctors.  We met up in Chesterfield, MO at Mimi's Cafe'.  It was delish!!!  Very good food, very good company.  I had a blast.  She is sooooo sweet and wonderful.  And she has been so great during this difficult time.  She just went through her first IVF and was sweet enough to share her ENTIRE experience with me and I will be forever greatful.  I hope we have many more meetings and continue our friendship.

7 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and I'm wishing you the very best of luck! I'm preparing for my 1st IVF in April, and I'm hoping to learn from others going through it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bib! It was awesome meeting you too and I hope we get to have more meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you two met - isn't she wonderful!? I wish I could meet you both but our time in STL is so brief when we're here. Hopefully when we come back to visit my doc someday (with our baby) you and I can meet up with our 2011 kids and look back on this experience. I'm thinking of you and I hope the shots are getting easier! No worries, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the bib! I think it must be good luck - like back in the old days when someone would knit you baby booties for a weeding gift. (Ok, maybe I am making that up.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable bib! Good luck with your treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined the Cycle Sistas list with you and am looking forward to hearing about your cycle. Hope everything continues to go great for you. I love the idea of a bib in your daily routine. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have brought a few bits and pieces. Its fine, its good to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete