Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mononessa- Oh, how I HATE you

I was on the BCP from about the age of 16 till about 30yrs.  I took Ortho Tri Cyclen and never once had a problem.  Dr. Keller prescribed MonoNessa for me for my pills for this cycle.  Never once did I even think they would affect me any different than the old pills.  Boy, was I so freaking wrong!!!  I have been so sick.  Like terrible stomach pains, nauseous, no appetite.  I work midnights at work so I am taking my pills at about 7pm.  I think I would feel better if I took them in the morning when I get off that way I could just go to sleep. But my doc says between 6pm-7pm.   I think my mind is pissed at me, cuz I take the BCP and my pre-natal.  I think it is making me sick cuz it thinks I am a crazy bitch, like why are you taking the pill and the pre-natal!!!  I am despising this so bad right now.  I start my Lupron on Thursday.  So very nervous and terrified about that.  I mean I know I can do it, thousands of women do it, but the thought of injecting myself in the stomach scares the CRAP out of me.  If anyone has any tips on not making the Lupron so bad, please let me know. I can use all the help I can get.  I will be posting the obligatory picture of the big ole box of drugs soon.  I heart you all, please help.....  lol

8 comments:

  1. The injections are not as bad as you think. I inject myself in the fat in my thighs just below my hips.
    Sorry you are feeling crap.
    Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find that icing the area before hand really helps numb the area, but for the lupron and stimming they really don't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worried myself to death about the injections too! My husband did them for me but they were not bad at all. Mine you could do in either the thigh or the stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lupron isn't that bad at all. Just keep away from your belly button and you'll be fine. I start stimming on Thursday so I'll let you know how the Follistim is (if you're using that) but I hear it's as easy as the Lupron, if not easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always took my BCP and prenat in the AM when I got up. I don't remember them ever saying do it at night. Sigh...probably heard that wrong. Anyways, you can do the shots, it's NOTHING!!! You won't even realize you've done it once it's over. Head up girlie, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You won't even feel the Lupron injections. They are easy cheesey!!! The needle is really short.


    The stim drugs will sting a bit....but aren't bad either.

    The worst shots are the progesterone because they go in the muscle of your butt and the needles are long....but if you have to take those...then just be thankful that you made it that far!!

    You will do great. They are really no big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dont be scared of the lupron that one is one of the smallest ones you will ever inject...I know it can be intimidating but onces you do a couple you will be a pro...I did all mine myself in my stomach...I liked having the control...Only ones the hubs ever did was the PIO big IM ones in the butt...Well girl hope the BCP get better I always take my pills when I east my biggest meal which used to be lunch and I would take them after I ate lunch no sure if that would help or not? Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Shawna! I hope the Lupron shot went well today and I can tell you that Follistim isn't that bad at all. Once you've been giving yourself Lupron shots for a few days and start the Follistim, you'll be so used to it you'll just be excited that you're progressing forward with stims! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete