Monday, February 7, 2011

1dp3dt-PIO shot

Today was an ok day.  Trying to keep my focus.  I just wish I knew what was going on inside my uterus.  Is the embryo dividing and growing?  Am I still pregnant?  I am positive and praying and just hoping that is enough.  Had the best nights sleep last night that I have had in a long time.  Then lounged on the couch, ate lunch, then back to bed I went.  Then I had a bad dream, woke up with a mild panic attack, and since then been feeling a little sick to my stomach.  Hoping it is the little one in there making itself comfy. :-)  I know this 2ww is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my entire life!!!
On other news, I wanted to post about tonight's PIO shot.  I was terrified going into this about the IM shots.  They haven't been bad.  A few have hurt a little, but nothing I can't handle.  I have been numbing the area and trying to warm up the syringe to thin out the oil.  Tonight, I numbed for about 15 minutes.  Also, I drew up the oil in the syringe and held it under my armpit for about 20 min.  Then it was showtime.  I have to say, I barely felt it tonight.  I even questioned my hubby as to whether or not he pushed the medicine in.  So hopefully, I have found the magic protocol for PIO shots.  Try it girls.  Hoping tomorrow goes as smoothly.....

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!! Don't you wish we could see our insides!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my transfer today. Im nervy, dont want to over do it. so just lounging round today. had a wee sleep. I also want to know whats happening in there. so nerve racking! we will both know soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about sticking it in my armpit!!! I'm praying for ya girlie-now grow babies grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way to scared to ice and numb for the PIO shots. I'm 22+ shots into them and I'm surviving. It just feels like I've been getting kicked in the butt by somebody with pointy steel-toed boots.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shawna!! I've been taking your advice for the shots and so far is great!! Thank you so much!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found a way to make the shots better. Those PIO shots sound nasty. Hang in there for the 2WW!

    ReplyDelete