Thursday, February 3, 2011

Egg Retrieval

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

We Got...

..
...
...

9 EGGS!!!  Booya!!! 
All grade 4 and 3 eggs.  Best there are.  Doctor even told me that she wished that everyone had as good of eggs as I did. Although I made her dig for them. lol  Apparently my right ovary was hiding behind my uterus so when they pushed it forward, I had more follicles than was originally thought.   I couldn't be happier.  I pray that DH's sperm and my egg play nicely today and we achieve a pregnancy!!  We are tentatively set for a Sunday transfer.

Today we got to the clinic at about 745 am, they were running a little late and didn't start doing anything till about 8:30.  Doctor started my IV, which was a little weird because he stuck me with a needle of numbing medicine then did the IV.  I could have handled having just the 1 needle stick of the IV, but I guess they don't do it that way.  I had a slight temp of 99.7 and the nurse was a little concerned.  Which in turn, made me upset.  Lord, I don't need any other problems.  But doctor wasn't concerned at all and said the trigger shot can raise your temp so all systems were a go!!  I was then taken back into the procedure room.  The anesthesiologist got me all hooked up with the oxygen and then strapped my arms down.  I didn't like that at all!!  I remember them putting my left leg up in the stirrups and then I remember nothing after that. I guess my blood pressure went a little high, but after awhile it all came down.  I had to stay around until I could eat, drink and pee then I was outta there. I think I got discharged about 11:15 or so.  First PIO was easy. I was expecting it to be much worse.  So, they are to call me tomorrow with the first fertilization report.  Pray for good news!!

On a side note, my DH and I pulled up at home to approx 2 foot drift of snow that had our driveway completely shut down.  Nice!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such great news!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So exciting about your good quality eggs and the fact that you had 9 of them!! Can't wait to hear the fert. report tomorrow. Praying for the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Looking forward to your updates tomorrow! Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your retrieval! Feels good to have it over, doesn't it? All the easy stuff from here on how...relax and breathe!! Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to hear how the rest of the weekend turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 is AMAZING!!! So glad you called to tell me the stories and totally jealous you met everyone I haven't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome news!!!Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome news!! Great job Shawna=). n Can't wait to hear the fertilization report!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you! I can't wait to hear about your fert report!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that's AWESOME!!!! 9!!! Looks like all this snow may just be leaving you with some snowbabies! :) They keep saying we'll have more snow, but nothing more here yet in Memphis. I think today, may just be the day I start my blog. We'll see.

    Let us know soon as you get that call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 9 is brilliant!!
    Hope you get a good fertilisation report
    Good luck for your transfer
    x

    ReplyDelete