Sunday, February 6, 2011

PUPO!!!

Today was transfer day. I arrived way early again, as usual.  I just couldnt bear getting a phone call this morning saying none of them made it.  So I thought I will just go and make them give me someone's embies if mine were not ok. LOL Just kidding.  All 3 made it.  I was set for 9am.  Dr. Emily stated that I had a 4 cell with 10% fragmentation, a 3 cell with 20% fragmentation and another 3 cell with 30% fragmentation.  I have to admit, I was pretty upset with the number of cells.  But she assured me that she has seen pregnancy come from 4 cells and also, if the transfer would have been later in the day, there may have been more cells.  She stated that they would only transfer 2.  I stated I wanted 3 but she said with my age they wouldnt do it.  Said implanting the 3rd one wouldn't increase the chance for pregnancy, only the chance for multiples.  I got my first picture of my babies and it was showtime.  We got in our scrubs, then off to the procedure room we went.  This experience was interesting.  Not really painfull per se, just weird with being so exposed for a bunch of people to see your business.  They tell you to relax and drop your knees. Ok, hard to relax when this is the single most important thing I have ever done in my life.  My lining measured 13 and the doctor said my uterus was beautiful and perfect.  So we are saying many prayers, hoping for growth of the babies and stickiness so they want to hang out for 9 months.  After being back in the room and talking to the doctor, I mentioned POAS and she definitely said not to do it.  I told her it's just that NOTHING about this process has been normal.  I longed for the day when I could hold a positive stick up to my husband and tell him he is going to be a father again.  I started crying.   Then the doctor laid her hand on my shoulder and sat with me till I could calm down.  Very nice of her!!   After laying on my back for 30 minutes, we were off to the car for our 2 1/2 hour drive home.  This afternoon I have laid on the couch and then laid in my bed for a quick nap.  Now watching SuperBowl with my hubby.  Oh, and I ate a little bit of the core of the pineapple. Chewy and icky.  But I did it.  Now, if I could just get the dang PIO shot to quit hurting when the medicine goes in!!!  lol  We have tried holding it in our hands and even put it between my boobs to warm it up. Helped a bit but not great.  Beta day is Feb 21.  I get to wait an extra day for mine.  15 days!!!  lol   The joy of having transfer day fall on the weekend.   My DH has a saying.  It is : Dont think, just pray.   Please pray for growing embryos and sticky dust.  Heart you all!!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Shawna!! So happy to hear everything went well!! Now we pray they stick and start growing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my birthday therefore it will be good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comment on my blog. yes we are so similiar. good luck. I so hope it goes great!!! It's nerve racking isn't it? hang in there and we can indure the 2ww together

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they are super sticky!!

    It sounds like you have a very nice and compassionate Doc. That is so wonderful. Let the 2WW (plus a day) commence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips on the PIO shots! I'll try that for sure!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you have your two babies back where they belong! I hope they stay there for another 9 months too. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things went well:) I will say that I always POAS but there are rules....I would always start day after x-fer testing...to test out the HCG trigger shot and once I would get a negative test I would know that it was officially out of my system....then I would wait a few days and actually start testing for pregnancy...I will say best test to test early is clear blue easy digital and the first response because the cheapies wont pick up an early test....But Im a POAS addict so I could never go without doing it...But more powere to you if you can:)

    I wish you nothing but the best and will say extra prayers that those babes will stick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for being PUPO! Enjoy it, as slow as the 2ww is, it's great thinking, hoping and imagining those embies in there.
    Sticky thoughts. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your transfer Shawna! So glad to hear that your little guys made it to transfer and now you don't have to worry about that anymore! Now...come on little guys...stick stick stick!!!!

    ReplyDelete